Between 20 and April 22 Dr. Miguel Villarroel, participated in the development of an extensive program of activities to commemorate the Centenary of the Red Cross of Ecuador in Quito. These events were chaired by the distinguished chairman of that institution, Dr. Juan Cuevas Ortega. The Ecuadorian Red Cross was in the city of Quito a number of presidents of National Societies from around the continent and Europe and representatives from Asia, among which we mention: Dr. Ligia Leroux and Gustavo Lara (President and CEO Dominican Red Cross), Mrs. Annabella Folgar de Rocca (President of the Guatemala Red Cross Chairman), Mr. Oswaldo Ferrero (President of the Red Cross Argentina), Mr Hugo Pereira (President of the Red Cross in Uruguay), Dr. Fernando Cárdenas (President of Colombia’s Red Cross) Dr. Joseph Benjamin Ruiz (Red Cross President of El Salvador), Mr. Clemente Balmaceda (Nicaragua Red Cross President), Licdo. Victor M. Hall and Mr David M. Samudio Hanono, Vice-President and Secretary General of the Red Cross of Panama respectively, Mr. Francesco Rocca (Commissioner of the Italian Red Cross), and Oussedik Fawzi Director of International Affairs of Qatar Red Crescent. Also attended by the President and Secretary General of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, Mr. Tandereku Konoe and Galeta Bekele respectively.
- Visit of Dr. Miguel Villarroel to the Headquarters of the Dominican Red Cross
- Elections of the Board of Directors of the Sectional Executive Committee of the Capital District, of the Venezuelan Red Cross
- Virtual Meeting of the Governing Board of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- Virtual meeting of President and Vice Presidents of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- Meeting of the Inter-American Regional Committee of the Red Cross (CORI)